November 21 - 4:25PM
Good afternoon everyone,
A few items to note:
- I would like to thank Maria DeGaetano for coming in yesterday afternoon to work with the Elementary kids in cooking, helping them to prepare their donations for the Soup/Pie Sale. It was a lot of work, but Maria helped them turn out a pumpkin chocolate chip pie and a quart of pumpkin soup! Thanks Maria!
- I would also like to thank those folks who brought in donations for the sale – everything looked so yummy and I can’t wait to taste the soup and bread I bought!
- The Sprouts and Seedlings kids will begin cutting up their veggies tomorrow in class for next week’s Stone Soup. They will also cut veggies next week and will be eating their soup on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.
- Also, thanks to those who joined our Organic Co-op so we can help keep the group intact! The Elementary kids always enjoy their jobs weighing and sorting vegetables when they come. They also learn a great deal about unusual vegetables and since we also purchase a share for the school, it gives them great tasting and healthy vegetables and fruits.
Have a great evening!
November 20 - 2:41PM
Just a quick reminder to everyone about tomorrow and Friday, our special Soup/Pie Sale days!! I’m hoping to try something different than my normal recipes! I will be bringing in some soup also tomorrow!
November 18 - 12:50PM
Hello Elementary Parents,
This year we had an offer from Jill Vaughn, Cole and Jake’s mom, to host Thanksgiving for our class at her house on Wednesday, our half day before Thanksgiving. We thank her greatly for the offer! They live in Warwick, so it will be an easy drive instead of going to my house, which is an hour away and which we have done in the past.
It works like this - We all pitch in and bring ingredients and cook them together and it is a lot of fun for everyone. I will email you a list of what items you should bring in the next few days.
November 18 - 12:37PM
Good afternoon everyone!
I hope this beautiful day finds you all well. Just a reminder to those parents with kids under the age of 5 are required to have a flu shot by December 31st, which really means we have to have it on file before our vacation. We are having our annual audit in December and if it’s not in, along with any other shots you may be missing, you will be notified by the Office of Public Health Nursing when they come to review our files on December 5th. Once they notify you, you have only 2 weeks to comply with documentation or they will not allow your child to attend school. They mean business, so don’t delay in getting your child’s immunizations up to par!
Any questions, let me know!
November 13 - 2:23PM
Here are a few things to note:
- We will also be having another free demo class from the company called “Grounded Kids Yoga Program” on Monday, November 25th at 10:30 AM. I am also considering their program for an after school offering in January. You can read more about them at www.gogrounded.com.
- We are looking for a few more families to join our Purple Dragon Co-op group. We are down a couple of families and in order for our school to maintain a slight discount on the veggies we order for snack, we need at least 15 families to be a part of our group. The elementary kids also benefit each time we have to sort since we use the time as a part of our math practical applications program. Kids have to not only sort veggies, but weigh and count them, sometimes with very exact amounts using pounds and ounces and it is a great way for them to learn weights and measures. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will forward your email to our coordinator, Maria DeGaetano.
Have a great day!