February 26 - 12:28PM
Good afternoon parents,
A few items to note:
- We found a goat!!!! It turns out that we will be acquiring Cocoa's own mother!!! The farm that raised Cocoa is now looking to get rid of his mom since she isn't able to breed anymore, so we will be getting her. I am trying to find out a way to transport her from Deposit, NY to Vernon, so once I secure that situation, we will go up and get her. It's funny how things work out. Her name currently is "Third Generation," which is awful, so the kids and I decided to name her Vanilla. She has an all white body and a brown head. I will let you all know when she will be coming to live here in the green fields of FOG.
Morris is still hanging on, but I don't think it will be long until she crosses the rainbow bridge. We are trying to keep her as comfortable as we can.
Since we were without power yesterday from 1 PM on, I was unable to send a reminder to all about the Easter Chocolate fundraiser. It was due today, but I will still accept orders on Monday. Also, remember if you are not ordering to still send back in your envelope.
March begins next week, so don't forget to send in any Fabulous Friday lunch orders next week before Thursday.
Have a great weekend!
February 17 - 11:08AM
Good morning to all of you!
As I was cleaning out my inbox today, I stumbled upon a short article and thought I might send it to you as a reminder of how important outside play is to our kids - in all seasons. Just remember this when we get into "Mud Season" and your children greet you at our gate with happy faces and muddy snow pants and boots! (We usually ask you to keep sending in snow pants even when it is starting to warm up a bit in early spring for this reason.)
Have a wonderful day,
February 16 - 4:45PM
I. This week you will see coming home a fundraiser that we are doing for EASTER! (Can you believe we are planning that already??) It is through Rose Mountain Chocolatier in Highland Lakes. We receive 30% of sales, so help your child get out there and sell this delicious, fair trade, organic, Non-GMO, etc chocolate!!!! It's the best chocolate to NOT feel guilty about eating!
Please follow a few simple rules:
- Stick to the deadline of next Friday, 2/26 for sending back orders WITH payment. Checks are payable to Fields of Green.
- Make sure you add sales tax for NJ for all orders.
- Even if you do not sell anything, please send back your envelopes empty. They require this.
Help us to support a local business! Enjoy selling!
II. The Elementary/Middle kids are finishing up their studies of Europe. This week, while finishing off written reports, the kids have chosen projects to do along with their reports. We will also have a European feast in the afternoon on Friday. The rules for the food are:
- Tonight I have asked all kids to go home and find a recipe with parental approval to make for Friday. They must bring in the printed or copied recipe tomorrow to show they found a recipe to make.
- Parents obviously must help, but the kids MUST help in making the recipes at home, or it will reflect poorly in their grade. This is not a parents' sole homework assignment. It would also be great if the kids went shopping to help get ingredients, but this is not required.
- Bring in items cold and we will heat them up on Friday.
- This does not substitute for lunch, so kids must all bring lunches (or partake in Fab. Fri. lunch if planned).
Projects chosen are below. You can advise your child in constructing his/her project, but please don't do it for them.
- Angela - Poster about Italy's Food
- Victoria - Recreate Ukranian Art
- Hailey - Create a Romanian costume using found items
- Connor - Do a graph or something to compare Finnish education vs. USA's education
- Trinity - Diorama of France
- Grayson - Diorama of Norway
- Catelyn - Diorama of Germany
- Luca - Poster of Austria
- Charles - Poster of Switzerland
- Scotty - Poster of Sweden
- Kelsey - Absent today - will choose Italy project
Have a great afternoon,
February 12 - 6:51AM
I am very excited to tell you about a new fundraiser we will be doing this year! We are starting next week, but the orders will be for Easter. It is a new, local company in Highland Lakes called Rose Mountain Chocolatier! The owner, Lynn Anderson, makes her own Organic, Non-GMO, Fair Trade chocolate that is soooooo delicious!!!
Next week she has invited our Elementary/Middle kids to visit her store and learn about where the chocolate comes from and how she makes it. We will be going there on Wednesday at 1 PM. More details will be sent home shortly with that class.
Even though we are celebrating Valentine's Day, we are thinking ahead to Easter! Stay tuned for items to come home with your child next week sometime and let's help her in her business adventure and help our school at the same time!
February 8 - 3:30PM
Just another reminder that classes begin this week after school! Unfortunately we didn't have enough kids to run our dance class this session, but we will try again in the spring. Please let me know if anyone wishes to sign up for our Adult class that begins this Wednesday as well as our Music Class and Kinderclimbers. These are all such great teachers and classes, so I hope we can get these running!